1424 Westheimer Rd
Several Lords made it down to this new super spot yesterday after 8 hours of ditch digging and shaking ass for some frothy refreshment. Fledglings of Houston's most obnoxious lesbian pun, Beaver's Ice House, the barbabies who opened Anvil aim to serve highballs filled with cold art that you really aren't supposed to enjoy, taste or drink.
- This place is as cool as frozen steel, both icy in temperature, layout and building remod.
- Our first drink tasted like chilled battery acid vomit. We brought this pH nightmare back to the bar, only to be greeted by a dickface who personified and subsequently slandered our innocent taste receptor cells for not recognizing liquid greatness.
- It takes about 6 minutes to make a menu drink, so bring a fucking book with you to the bar, even on a slow night.
- We don't really care, but for a place that brags on its Master's in Mixological Studies, the bartenders eye that cheat sheet like its a porn spread of their mother.
- No television. By design? By budget?
- The Dark n' Stormy was solid, apparently so was The Curve.
- We counted at least 2 Quicksilver shirts.
Not this guy, but not all that far off
- We ordered a Beer Republic IPA off the menu and they were out, which was a real disappointment as this is our favorite Indian Pale Ale.
- Didn't try the food, but it looked like what you'd expect Monica Pope's disciples to spit up on a plate.
- They really need to bring the Opal Smash over from Beaver's.
Our rating system today is based on 90's hip hop and we're forced to give Anvil a slightly below average rating of Shai, for its talented ambition in a supersaturated market.
For more information about Anvil and other drink related overexposure, check out: drinkdogma.com